Re: Re: eCos invalidating JTAG on ARM architecture ?

On Tue, Jul 10, 2007 at 05:02:12PM +0200, Alexandre wrote:
> Okay i seem to have identified the problem and narrowed it down again.
> The modification on the PINSEL1 register init now enables me to debug
> eCos properly IF i don't use the function cyg_thread_delay().
> For some obscure reason this particular function seems to deactivate
> the JTAG definitely (JTAG1 and 2) on my controller.
>
> Should it be expected ?

No.

cyg_thread_delay() does nothing with hardware. It just waits until the
correct number of timer ticks have gone off and then brings sleeping
process back to running state.

Does the system continue to run even though JTAG has stopped?

Im just wondering if JTAG stops working with the system crashes?  It
could be your stack is too small, which sometimes causes crashes in
cyg_thread_delay().

What test programs are you using? All the standard tests should work
without problems, so i would use them for the moment until you get a
stable system.

    Andrew