Re: Re: Waiting I/O operation

Alexey Shusharin writes:
> cetoni GmbH - Uwe Kindler wrote:
> > In my opinion you should go with the second thread solution.
>
> Maybe. But in this variant I have a delay in receiving messages and
> useless processor working. :-( It seems that it will be better if I
> donate a memory for the second thread.
>
> > I don't know if it is allowed to use flags from within DSRs but I
> > believe you can not use them and then also a callback solution would not
> > solve your problem. Your callback would need to wakup a "service thread"
> > that would signal the flag to the waiting thread - but then you would
> > also need two threads.
>
> Why I can't use flags in DSR?
> I think, I can't wait in DSR but I'm able to use cyg_flag_setbits() for
> wake-up thread. And my thread will call cyg_flag_wait() for waiting this
> and some other flags.
> Regards,
> Alexey

According the eCos reference manual (Synchronization Levels), they do
tell us that the synchro things are suitable for the DSRs are the
cyg_drv_cond_signal() and cyg_drv_cond_broadcast() only. The thread's
deal is to wait a condition using cyg_drv_cond_wait().

But, one my today DSR uses the cyg_flag_setbits() notifier and that
works as I could expect. I found that is more simple, because that
doesn't need itself in a mutex. I wonder about the right hacking from
the eCos experts.

Sergei