Re: Re: Waiting I/O operation

Hello,

I agree with Alexey. Normally a driver should work without kernel. But if some functions in the driver require kernel, you can force this configuration in driver CDL. I.e. the CAN I/O driver timed wait operations already require a kernel. So I think it is O.K. to provide callback functions if they are configurable via CDL.

It is up to the application engineer to use an allowed synchronization in the callback function provided by the application. If the kernel is present, then cyg_flag_setbits() should work. And if someone does not like this, then he can disable callback (should be the default configuration in CDL) and use 2 threads instead.

Regards, Uwe