From: Paul D. DeRocco [mailto:pderocco@ix.netcom.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 4:40 AM
To: Alok Singh; 'Andrew Lunn'
Cc: 'ecos-discuss'
Subject: RE: [ECOS] Creating a file in JFFS2 within FIS

> From: Alok Singh [mailto:aloks@broadcom.com]
>
> "/dev/flash" is independent of any file-system. It is a
> facility provided to do block write and read to/from the
> flash device, just like any other file, using "open". Flash
> filesystem is built on top of this
> basic flash driver.
>
> Jffs2 has to be explicitly mounted, to make it work.
> Also note that it is mentioned somewhere in the code that if
> 'dev/flash" is blank, then the code will automatically create
> a jffs2 partition on it. But I'm not very sure about that.
> Please verify it once.

Okay, thanks, but what are the correct mount() parameters? I'm not a
Unix/Linux person, so I'm not familiar with the usual semantics of
mounting.
What is "/dev/flash/fis/jffs2"? Is that my "device name", the thing that
gets mounted? Do I then specify an arbitrary folder to mount it at,
perhaps
just "/" since this is the only file system I've got?

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco