Re:ECOS] Re: Re: store mac address

Hi Mark and ecosers,
    Some days ago,Mark told me try to use codes below
to store mac address to flash, in ixp425 board.
    And it worked,but I still have 3 questions.
    1  When I use "fconfig -i" to set mac address,and
reset my board the first time,the cmd "fconfig -l"
tell me the two macs were set successfully.But after
taht I reset my board several times,and found my
eth0's mac was still right while the eth1's mac was
changed into default value {0x00, 0x03, 0x47,0xdf,
0x32, 0xaa}.
    It is so strange that the redboot.bin was still
only one file.When first time set eth1's mac was
successfully and it can not changed itself.Since the
flash was non-volatile memery, when use fconfig write
it and reset several times without use fconfig -i cmd,
the mac should be stored always.
   2  I can't change default net device from eth0 into
eth1.When I used the cmd "fconfig -i" to set this
option and reset the board, it said the default net
device was still eth0.
   3  I want to read the codes about mac stored in
ixdp425 board and grg board.Which file can tell me how
the grg board store mac in flash? And which file can
tell me how ixdp425 board store mac in eeprom?

   Thank you!

--- Mark Salter <msalter@redhat.com>写道: