Re: USB-CDC eCos configuration

On Mon, Aug 27, 2007 at 12:20:20AM -0700, wavecom wavecom wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm working on USB-CDC eCos based device.

I presume you are writing your own USB-CDC driver? I don't think one
exists for eCos yet.

> I've met some problems with initializing the device: Windows
> recognizes the device as another COM port, but when I'm trying to
> open the port by the hyperterminal, I have message "Could not open
> COM port". What would be the cause of such behavior, below result of
> lsusb -vvv command on Linux (I can also send my c-code of USB
> initialization if necessary).

Do you have a trace of the USB messages sent backwards and forwards
when the device is opened? Does your driver handle all these messages?

> Second question is, how to set
> Functional Descriptors like CDC Header, CDC ACM, CDC Union, CDC Call
> Management? Are these parameters necessary for proper operating the
> USB-CDC device?

What does the standard say? Is there a standard? Is this part of HID?

What does Linux make of this device? Maybe you can get better
diagnostics from Linux than from M$. At least with Linux you have the
source code so you can find out why Linux does not like your
driver....

        Andrew