GPL violation ?

Hi!

It happened I found a device that I suspect uses eCos OS in firmware,
but I can't get source from the vendor site. So I suspect they are
violating GPL and would like to investigate. I have not contacted the
vendor yet directly, I'd like to know if they are really usign eCos
and if they eventually had been authorized by eCos developer before go
on..

The device is a PCI wireless card from Marvell

Ethernet controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88w8335 [Libertas]
802.11b/g Wireless (rev 03).

It has and ARM processor where the firmare runs..
I'm developing a driver for it, on Linux OS, to properly initialize
the device, the driver has to upload the firmware in the device RAM.
The  firmware I used is from the BSD package.
You can find it here
 http://www.nazgul.ch/malo/malo-firmware-1.0.tgz

Iit looks like it is the same firmware that is contained in the
windows driver officially distributed with the card.

The windows firmware can be obtained using the utility here
http://www.saillard.org/linux/mrv8k/files/mrv8k_extract_fw.c

I suspect this firmware is based on eCos because

daiquiri:/home/user # strings /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware
/mrv8k- f.fw |grep -i ecos
eCos :
ARM eCos
daiquiri:/home/user #