Re: Stack Trace and running task when exception occurs -

On Sun, Sep 09, 2007 at 04:32:10PM +0530, Alok Singh wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Does eCos provides the details of the task that was running when
> exception occurred? I think I know that it doesn't, but just wanted
> to get your views?? Or is there a way to get this information
> without altering (enhancing) the current eCos code.

It depends on what details you want. cyg_thread_self() will tell you
the current thread. However, be careful, it could of been an ISR/DSR
that caused the exception, not the thread.

If you have a hardware exception, eg /0, sigfault etc, the info
parameter passed to the exception handler may be the saved
registers. This is architecture dependent. eg look at
packages/hal/arm/arch/current/src/hal_misc.c lines 136-158 and follow
the code patch though into your exception handler.

    Andrew