Re: Trying to build ecosconfig (again).

On 2007-09-14, Grant Edwards <grante@visi.com> wrote:

> That seems to go OK, but then the subsequent "make" sprays
> warnings for a couple minutes and then fails like this:
>
> c++ -pipe -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wbad-function-cast -Wcast-qual -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wnested-externs -Woverloaded-virtual -O0   -o ecosconfig  ecosconfig.o cdl_exec.o build.o flags.o  -lcdl -lcyginfra -L/usr/lib -ltcl8.4  -L/home/grante/ecos/build/libcdl -L/home/grante/ecos/build/infra
> c++: ecosconfig.o: No such file or directory
> c++: cdl_exec.o: No such file or directory
> make[2]: *** [ecosconfig] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory /home/grante/ecos/build/tools/configtool/standalone/common'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory /home/grante/ecos/build/tools/configtool/standalone/common'
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Ah ha.  There were ecosconfig.o and cdl_exe.o files in the
source tree.  Apparently the dependancies in the makefile are
satisfied by object files that are in places the linker
commands don't look for them.

Deleting all of the .o files from the source tree allowed the
build to complete.

It would be really nice if a statically linked ecosconfig was
built as well.  That way one could archive a set of tools that
wouldn't break when they needed to be used on a machine with a
different version of libtcl (or no libtcl at all).

Not sure if I know enough autoconf spells to do that...

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! INSIDE, I have the
                                  at               same personality disorder