Re: How to enable RNDIS and CDC for USB

On Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 10:57:47AM +0530, Imran Khan wrote:
> Hi all,
> We have ported the RNDIS support code provided in linux-2.4.XX along
> with our platform specific USB code into the ecos.

I hope you thought about the licensing issues here. I expect the USB
code is GPL. That makes your whole application now GPL. So you need to
give away all your sources, eCos, USB, and application, to your
customer. If you don't you are violating the GPL license.

> But the design of the code is such that at any time it can support
> either RNDIS or CDC but not both at the same time.
> Could any one of you please tell us whether is there any possibility of
> checking the type of host at run time and doing the initialization
> again.
>
> We have tried with advertising two configurations to linux host,the
> first configuration being RNDIS but when the host gets a wrong
> descriptor it stops sending interrupts.

Using two configurations sounds like the right way to do it. However
if the host is going wrong, maybe your descriptors are wrong. What
does usbview show? Does it look correct? Have you debugged the Linux
host code to work out why it goes wrong?

     Andrew