Re: at91rm9200 ethernet problem

Hello,

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 21:34:25 +0800
"albert prasetyo" <prasetyoalbert@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am currently developing a redboot for at91rm9200 board that can
> perform TFTP transfer. However, I faced a problem which I suspect lie
> in ethernet driver code (i.e. at91rm9200_ether.c).
>
> I have applied the bug fixes from Wolfgang KÃbler as indicated in link
> below but the problem still persists.
> http://www.cygwin.com/ml/ecos-discuss/2005-12/msg00077.html
What code base are you using ? When can apply this bugfix, you are
probably using old code. You should use the lastest code (especially
when starting a new project).

If nothing has changed since I last looked at it, the latest code
should be available via CVS from John Eigelaar <jeigelaar@mweb.co.za>.
Ask him for CVS access.

> The problem I faced is located at the part of at91rm9200_ether.c in
> the function of at91rm9200_eth_deliver:
>
> if (!(rbf_ptr->addr & RBF_OWNER))
>     { return; }
Without really having read the code: This uses rbf_ptr->addr not
rbf_ptr.addr so I assume its the contents of addr, not addr itself.
I assume this refers to some flags in the at91rm9200 ethernet receive
buffer. Then it would just mean nothing has been received yet:
the receive buffer is just empty.

> Everytime I try to transfer the program through tftp using load
> command, my program always quit at that point. My starting address of
> rx_descriptor is at 0x23------0, which is an even address, therefore
> there must be a part of code to modify it, but I am not managed to
> find it.
Your program can quit ? quit to what ?

Bye,
Wolfgang