RE: Can't connect properly (TCP/IP)

-----Original Message-----
From: Gary Thomas [mailto:gary@mlbassoc.com]
Sent: Donnerstag, 1. November 2007 13:40
To: EXTERNAL Gladis Olaf (Praktikant; CR/AEM)
Cc: ecos-discuss@ecos.sourceware.org
Subject: Re: [ECOS] Can't connect properly (TCP/IP)

>How are you connecting to the board via GDB?  Are you using
>a JTAG/ICE?  or using RedBoot?

I read the manual for the node, and it is an onboard GDB stub.
I don't know exactly what this is.

I am connected via the ethereal port.
Using the Gnu Insight Debugger.

>If you are using RedBoot, you should try connecting via the serial
>port and not the network.  Then, once the program fails (as above),
>you can figure out why, get a backtrace, etc.

I am new with eCos, can you tell me, or show me one website, how to
debug via serial port, or with redboot?

>The fact that you can only trace your code to the 'connect()' call
>is not hard to understand.  This function will cause the calling
>thread to block until the network connection has been made.  A *lot*
>can happen while you are in this function!

Now I have to check why it take so long, and why my server recognize
an established connection.

Thanks in advance.

Olaf Gladis