RE: networking support for my eCos application

Wow.  Thanks for the quick response.

I'm using the 2.0 release of eCos, not the latest from CVS although I can easily switch if you think it may be part of my problem (or future ones...)

My exported config is attached.

Thanks,
Chris

> Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 12:41:25 -0600
> From: gary@mlbassoc.com
> To: csb_80@hotmail.com
> CC: ecos-discuss@ecos.sourceware.org
> Subject: Re: [ECOS] networking support for my eCos application
>
> C B wrote:
>> I'm new to eCos and am trying to get some simple networking capabilities into an application that I've inherited. The eCos configuration I have appears to have the networking package included and yet when I attempt to link my application against the eCos libs I get several 'undefined reference' type errors. In particular:
>>
>> undefined reference to 'init_all_network_interfaces'
>> undefined reference to 'eth0_up'
>> undefined reference to 'eth0_bootp_data'
>> undefined reference to 'inet_ntoa'
>>
>> It's some simple ftp client side stuff that is generating these errors but all I'd really like to be able to do is create and read data from a socket.
>>
>> I'm using the eCos Configuration Tool Version 2.11 in Windows XP and everything in the configuration builds fine. In the configuration view I have 'Basic networking framework' with 'INET support' checked under it, and 'OpenBSD TCP/IP Stack' and 'FTP client' also there.
>>
>> I've tried to provide the summary of what I'm doing but please ask if there is something I've left out that would be valuable. I've searched the archives and google'd a bunch but I'm unable to figure out a simple explanation for why the networking stuff doesn't seem to make it into my config.
>
> It doesn't look like the network has been configured.
>
> What eCos sources are you using (latest from anon CVS is recommended)
> Can you send your actual configuration? (use File->Export)
>
> Also, you probably should be using the FreeBSD network stack
> as the OpenBSD stack is very old and no longer maintained.
>
> --

Windows Live Hotmail and Microsoft Office Outlook – together at last. ?Get it now.