Re: networking support for my eCos application

On Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 10:53:52PM -0500, C B wrote:

> > Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 19:42:57 +0100> From: andrew@lunn.ch> To: csb_80@hotmail.com> CC: ecos-discuss@ecos.sourceware.org> Subject: Re: [ECOS] networking support for my eCos application> >
> > > I think I'm missing something here. I checked out the latest from> > CVS without any issues but when I tried 'ecosconfig new eb9261 net'> > I got a bunch of warnings about version subdirectory 'XXX' does not> > have a CDL script and no valid version subdirectories and finally> > and error 'Unknown target eb9261' (out is included below).> > That is probably to do with incompatibilities with the cygwin you have> and the config tool. Grab the latest snapshot from the eCosCentric.com> DevZone.
>
> Thanks for your response Andrew.  Once I get past these initial configuration issues I'm looking forward to working with eCos.
>
> Even running this on a linux VM I get the unknown target error.  Am I missing a step in setting up a new target?

eb9261 is not a target in anonymous cvs. You said you inherited this
code from somebody else. My guess is she has added a new target to
ecos.db and some new packages into the tree.

The easiest way forward is to copy these packages into your anonymous
CVS checkout and add the target entry to the ecos.db.

    Andrew