RE: networking support for my eCos application

> Yes, I would definitely suggest that you update to the CVS tree
> (release 2.0 is nearing 5 years old!)
>
> Once you've done that, I'd also suggest that you try some simple
> things. This sequence should work and generate a test that you
> can try on your hardware:
> % ecosconfig new eb9261 net
> % ecosconfig tree
> % make; make -C net/common/current tests TESTS=tests/ping_test

Thanks for your help (Andrew & Gary).  I think I'm getting closer.

I got the latest eCos from CVS and the latest configtool & ecosconfig from ecoscentric.com.  I copied the relevant hardware info from the ecos.db that I have to the one I checked out of CVS.  I'm able to succesfully perform each of the commands above.

But, when I try to compile and link my own code I still get these undefined references when I try to link with the eCos libs I've built:

 >>> undefined reference to 'init_all_network_interfaces'
 >>> undefined reference to 'eth0_up'
 >>> undefined reference to 'eth0_bootp_data'
 >>> undefined reference to 'inet_ntoa'

The command that gives those errors:
     arm-elf-ld -L"C:\cygwin\opt\ecos\ecos-cvs\tmp\install\lib" -L"C:\cygwin\opt\ecos\ecos-cvs\tmp\net\common\current" -L"C:\cygwin\opt\ecos\gnutools\arm-elf\arm-elf\lib" -L"C:\cygwin\opt\ecos\gnutools\arm-elf\lib\gcc-lib\arm-elf\3.2.1" -Ttarget.ld  -o"Simple.exe"  ./simple.o

The ping_test calls init_all_network_interfaces() so I'm not sure why it's not found.

Chris