Re: RE: networking support for my eCos application

C B wrote:

> Brilliant!  Changing the CYG_HAL_STARTUP to RAM seems to resolve the issue I was having.  However, rather than seeing the expected output from my simple HelloWorld program that I see with my older version of eCos I get the following output:
>
> ------------------------- begin output -------------------------
> RedBoot> go 0x20020040
> [cyg_net_init] Init: mbinit(0x00000000)
> [cyg_net_init] Init: cyg_net_init_devs(0x00000000)
> Init device 'dm9000_eth0'
> -------------------------- end output ---------------------------
>
> Thoughts?

How did you connect to RedBoot to initiate this session?  If it's
via the network, then you are probably experiencing problems due to
the fact that RedBoot and your application have to share the same
hardware.  If this is the case, you'll need (somehow) to arrange that
the RedBoot connection and your application use separate IP addresses
(this is part of how RedBoot can separate what traffic goes to the
debug session and what goes to the application).

Another problem which can come up [again when you connect to RedBoot
via network] is when the driver in the eCos application tries to print
debug messages *while the driver/hardware is being initialized*.  In
this case, it's wise to make sure that CYGPKG_NET_FORCE_SERIAL_CONSOLE
is set which will force any debug messages which happen during system
initialization to a serial console (keeps the RedBoot network driver
from getting confused).  Try running your application from a serial
console - if it works, then this is an issue for you.