Re: Re: Re: Redboot

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 Andrew Lunn wrote :
> > Hi
> >
> > I found that redboot configuration does not get
> written into flash
> > properly. So, the checksum error. For example, config
> key1 0BADFACE
> > gets written as FACEFACE. Where could be the issue.
>
> You don't give me much information to go on here....

the flash device is spansion s29ws256P, 16 bit device. The processor is arm based. We are porting from a board with both nand and nor to a custom board having only nor flash. Here are answers to your questions. Please ask if not clear.
> 16/32 bit configuration for the FLASH?
16 bit
> How is the flash  attached to
> the data bus?
attached to processor through chip select cs0.
> Is it a 16 bit device or a 32 bit device?
16 bit
> How is the
> flash driver configured?
#define CYGNUM_FLASH_INTERLEAVE (1)
#define CYGNUM_FLASH_SERIES     (1)
#define CYGNUM_FLASH_WIDTH      (16)
 CYGHWR_DEVS_FLASH_MXC_NOR,CYGHWR_DEVS_FLASH_MXC_NAND and CYGHWR_DEVS_FLASH_MXC_MULTI are enabled