the ecos/packages/hal/common is missing for ecos-arm cvs alias module

Hi all,

I am not sure if it is not bug in cvs client for windows platform, but
when I check out ecos-arm cvs module the ecos/packages/hal/common and
ecos/packages/hal/arm directories are empty. I tried both to me
available versions : the cygwin's cvs and  cvsnt. It seems to me like
!ecos/packages/hal has bigger preference. I develop only for Arm so I
would like to minimize the amount of source files to maintain.

What is the common practice? Should I use different module? Is it
somewhere documented?

Thanks in advance.
-bg

Below is what shows cvs co -c for ecos-arm module

sh-3.2$ cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@ecos.sourceware.org:/cvs/ecos co -c

ecos-arm     -a ecos/packages/hal/common ecos/packages/hal/arm
             !ecos/packages/hal no-i386-devs no-mips-devs no-mn10300-devs
             no-powerpc-devs no-sh-devs no-sparclite-devs no-v85x-devs
             ecos-target-all