AT91sam7a guidance in porting

Hi all,

I am planning to work most of the next month on the porting of the sam7a2 uC and drivers but would appreciate it if someone can guide me through the process please.

Current Project status:

I copied at91sam7s platform/variant and renamed to at91sam7a and adjusted the ecos.db to make a target at91sam7a2 visible consisting only of the basic hal packages.
CYGPKG_HAL_ARM
CYGPKG_HAL_ARM_AT91
CYGPKG_HAL_ARM_AT91SAM7A
I also adjusted the memory layout files to only run from ram.

This setup using the redboot template succesfully compiles providing me with an .elf image.

When using my sam-ice jtag device with gdb server and insight, redboot runs successfully, (according to me) I can do mfill, dump etc for the whole memory range over the usart.

What next? I suppose I need to add a flash driver for the flash chips iplemented, but where to start. Or is there something else that I need to do first?

I have not changed the timers, or the interrupts from the sam7s port.

In what order must the porting sections be attempted and tested. I know there is not a right and wrong order, but there should be a better and worse.

Regards
Hendrik Meiring
Stellenbosch University
South Africa