Re: Reset vector problem

Alperen Coskun wrote:

Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 01:18:18 -0700
From: gary@mlbassoc.com
To: a_a_coskunoc@hotmail.com
CC: ecos-discuss@ecos.sourceware.org
Subject: Re: [ECOS] Reset vector problem

Alperen Coskun wrote:
Hi all,

I have a reset problem and i know how to fix it, but i couldn't find where ecos sets the address of Exception Reset. Is there anyone who knows it?
This is very architecture specific. What's your platform?

Sorry Gary,

My platform is Powerpc. In Powerpc virtex4, exception address must be 0xFFFFFFFC. In ECOS, it is set to 0x00000100 but I didn't understand where it is set.

That platform is not in the public repository - you'll have to check with whomever you got it from. IIRC, eCos isn't involved in the RESET process on that target - that's handled by a special ROM/FLASH program that is separate from eCos.