Re: Re: Is eCos project still alive?

On Fri, Dec 14, 2007 at 05:38:02AM -0500, Chris Zimman wrote:
> Frank,
>
> I think you raise a valid point here.  Perhaps it would be time to consider
> creating a more up to date release.
> Rather frequently on the list, someone will say something to the effect of
> 'I've downloaded/am using eCos 2.0 ...blah blah...it seems very out of
> date...'  The traditional response has been 'Go pull the latest from CVS'.
>
> Thoughts anyone?

It has been for a long time the aim to make a release once the
copyright transfer to FSF is completed. This has take much much longer
than we ever thought it would take. We are nearly there, there is just
one copyright assignment left, which is taking a while to sort out.

Once this is completed we will start the work needed for a
release. This is not something we can do overnight. It involves a lot
of work. Nearly ever file needs to be touched in order to change the
copyright notices. We probably need new tool chains, want to merge in
the v2 flash branch, maybe pick up some patches which got dropped
along the way etc. We need to do a lot of testing....

      Andrew