Re: Is eCos project still alive?

Brian Austin <brian.austin@cirrus.com> writes:

> I can see that, but as for what we use ( RedBoot ).  customers love it.
>
>>From my experiences, if it does what it's supposed to do, who cares how
> old it is.  How many folks use X11?

Well, from xorg site:

"The last release of X.Org was 7.3, on September 6, 2007".

-- less than 4 months ago ;)

I think we must admit that situation with eCos releases is rather unique
among alive open-source projects and therefore it can lead to the wrong
conclusion that the project is either dead or stagnating.

--
Sergei.