From: ecos-discuss-owner@ecos.sourceware.org
[mailto:ecos-discuss-owner@ecos.sourceware.org] On Behalf Of Frank Huang
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2007 9:48 AM
To: ecos-discuss@ecos.sourceware.org
Subject: [ECOS] IPv6 - SCOPEDROUTING

Dear All,

I am having a hard time to make the eCos working correctly for IPv6.
Here are my questions and I appreciate for any input.

1.	What does SCOPEDROUTING mean in the IPv6 driver code? Where can
I set it? I understand what scope meaning in IPv6 addressing but confuse
about what SCOPEDROUTING is. I could not find the place that define
SCOPEDROUTING in the IPv6 driver and configtool.
2.	After AutoConfiguration, my network table shows that eth0 has
the IPv6 link-local address with FP fe80:1::. But I expect the prefix of
the link-local address should be always fe80::/64. This is because the
driver assigns ifp->if_index which is 1 to the prefix after the fe80 if
!SCOPEDROUTING. It looks to me that all the code under #ifdef
SCOPEDROUTING will not be accessed. Is this the purpose of the original
design?

Thanks a lot!

-Frank