Rooki needing help: upgrading Meraki Outdoor

Hi,

We are trying to flash a "Meraki Outdoor" router with the openwrt
kamikaze 7.09 firmware via Redboot. Unfortunately, the unit reboots
after a few minutes of entering the redboot and we are not able to
finish writing the linux and rootfs partitions. It seems like the
redboot of this unit (unreleased version 1.3) has some kind of bug and
we would like to load a newer version of the redboot. The board is
identified as AP61 and we suspect that its athero chipset is based on
MIPS 4kc architecture. We would like to gain ethernet and serial
access in order to flash the firmware.

However we haven't tried to update the redboot before and we wouldn't
like to end with a plastic brick in our hands. We would be very
pleased if someone could give advice on how to update the redboot on
this unit.

Thanks

Xavier