Re: AT91SAM and I2C

On Jan 6, 2008 10:28 PM, Laurie Gellatly <laurie.gellatly@netic.com> wrote:
> [...]
Hi,

I'm currently working on and off an I2C driver for the AT91SAM7S family.
I have started with the framework provided by the Opencores I2C driver
(basically, because that's a driver someone developed at the company I
work and he's only sitting 5m away ;) ) and I've adapted that code for
use with the AT91 I2C controller.
The write side is working: interrupt driven, no major data transfer
tested yet, this could be cumbersome as Andrew warned me, but I
haven't got the time to test this yet.

I have problems with reading, because right now, I seem to miss the
data received interrupts of the TWI controller. I've got some support
code from Atmel, but again, due to lack of time I didn't got the
chance to look into the issue any further. Right now, I can start a
read transfer, but it just keeps on reading (that's due to the rather
strange implementations decisions Atmel has made.... )
No CDL or anything alike yet.

For information purposes: I hooked up an Atmel EEPROM (AT24C64A) to
the CPU to test my driver code.

If someone's interested in the code I've got this far, I'm willing to
share ;), but keep in mind that all is still very raw.

Regards,
Tom