Re: bug in ARP FSM with fragmented packets?

> We met this same problem and we solved it temporary by changing the
> arpt_keep to 24h in if_ether.c (just for the test). But we don't know
> if we can really do it.
> Why isn't it acceptable and do you know what are the consequences if
> we use a such long timeout ?

I would not recommend it. If you have any dynamic nature in your
network, it is going to break. The IP to MAC address mapping does
change at times. eg if you DHCP server gives the IP address to a
different client, the ARP entry will be wrong and you won't be able to
talk to the new node.

    Andrew