RE: Re: Uart missing chars when in Release

>> The way I usually do that is to instrument all the DSRs so that
>> they set a spare port pin high at entry and low at exit.
>
>Though I usually just put instrumentation code into individual
>DSR's, you could probably accomplish the same thing by adding
>some code the the DSR dispatcher that sets/clears port pins
>when dispatching DSRs.  You could also do the same thing with
>ISRs.

I've seen dropped RX characters on the LPC2292.

The default 16x5x driver does some register probing to try to figure out
which specific device it's got.  However, on the LPC, one of those tests
was failing, so it was deciding that it was a simpleminded UART, and not
enabling the RX FIFO.

There was a fix posted on this list last week - look at the " Half
Duplex RS485" thread.

Byron Jacquot