canot save config file

Hi,
I am new bee to eCos.
I installed eCos on Linux (Ubuntu). when I invoke configtool, the
following line appears in terminal window :

Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtktext.c: line 1994 (gtk_text_delete_text):
assertion `start_pos >= 0' failed.

This appears for any kind of selection/desection I make in configtool
UI. Also I canonot save configuration file as its not allowing to
provide a file name in "save as" window.
Pls help me out so that I can configure eCos using configtool UI on Linux

Regards,
Ganesh K R