Re: enabling/disabling options

Luqman Munawar wrote:
Wel, my idea is to take away possibility of mangling with options in case this would end up in a corrupt build.

I know that the system warns in case of most conflicts but there are also cases when you can create a corrupt build without seeing any warning.

For my board, a derivative of freescale mx31 board, I am going to do following:

1) The option should never be enabled: Create an

"active_if !CYGPKG_HAL_ARM_MX31_MYBOARD"

for this option.

2) The option should always be enabled:
Create a "requires OPTION_NAME" in the cdl script for my board package as follows:

cdl_package CYGPKG_HAL_ARM_MX31_MYBOARD {
requires OPTION_NAME

}

Is this the way how it is intended in eCos?

Can you provide a bit more detail? I'm not able to follow your example since you've abstracted away too much detail.

There are certainly some examples in the CVS tree that are similar
to what you want.  Look at how the various models of the PowerPC
Adder platform are handled - hal/powerpc/adder.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------