Re: How do I enable UART1 "/dev/ser1" on SAM7X-EK?

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 06:43:30PM +0200, stephan wrote:
> Hi
>
> I use eCosPro 2.0.67.

Since you have eCosPro you should really be asking eCosCentric.

> How do I enable UART1 ("/dev/ser1") on the SAM7X-EK platform?
> >From the eCos configuration tool, under "Serial Device Drivers", I can't
> select "Atmel AT91 serial port 1 driver" - the checkbox is disabled.

Have you looked why it is disabled?

This is from the public eCos port to the SAM7X, not the eCosCentric
port, so there could be some differences.....

cdl_component CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_ARM_AT91_SERIAL1 {
    # This option is not active
    # The parent CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_ARM_AT91 is not active

    # Flavor: bool
    # No user value, uncomment the following line to provide one.
    # user_value 1
    # value_source default
    # Default value: 1

    # The following properties are affected by this value
    # component CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_ARM_AT91_TESTING
    #     ActiveIf: CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_ARM_AT91_SERIAL1
};

The interesting part is:

The parent CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_ARM_AT91 is not active

So lets look at CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_ARM_AT91

cdl_package CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_ARM_AT91 {
    # Packages cannot be added or removed, nor can their version be changed,
    # simply by editing their value. Instead the appropriate configuration
    # should be used to perform these actions.

    # This option is not active
    # The parent CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_DEVICES is disabled
    # ActiveIf constraint: CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL
    #     CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL == current
    #   --> 1
    # ActiveIf constraint: CYGPKG_HAL_ARM_AT91
    #     CYGPKG_HAL_ARM_AT91 == current
    #   --> 1

    # This value cannot be modified here.
    # Flavor: booldata
    # Current value: 1 current
    # Requires: CYGPKG_ERROR
    #     CYGPKG_ERROR == current
    #   --> 1
};

Again the interesting part is:

    # The parent CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_DEVICES is disabled

So lets look at CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_DEVICES

cdl_component CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_DEVICES {
    # Flavor: bool
    # No user value, uncomment the following line to provide one.
    # user_value 0
    # value_source default
    # Default value: 0

    # The following properties are affected by this value
    # option CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_TESTS
    #     Calculated:  CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_DEVICES ? "tests/serial1 tests/serial2 tests/serial3 tests/serial4 tests/serial5 tests/tty1 tests/tty2 tests/flow1 tests/flow2" : ""
};

So set the user_value to 1.

All the information is there, out in the open. All you need to do is
look.

         Andrew