How to re-install newly compiled gnutools

Hello everyone,

I have made sh-elf-gcc version 4.1.1 from gcc4.1.1.
I used two ways to make it.
After made them,I tried to run eCos configure.exe using them.
One was resulted in no problem other was resulted in error.
Although one was looked succeeded I am dubious about it's reliability.
So please enlighten me which do you think is the better one.

I decided the directory to hold newly built files to be
/usr/local/sh-elf/bin.

I downloaded next sources into /usr/local/sh-elf
and decompressed them.
binutils-2.16.tar.bz2
gcc-4.1.1.tar.bz2
newlib-1.14.0.tar.gz

And I made building-directories in which I executed building scripts.
/tmp/build/build_binutils
/tmp/build/build_gcc

The point is that Cygwin's original gnutools exec files' directory is next.
/cygwin/opt/ecos/gnutools/sh-elf/bin

I noticed when I build it is interfered with.
I must have found the way to avoid it.
Since I did not know correct way to do with it,
I concocted two ways to pass compiling through.

(1)
I remained original gnutools exec files' directory as it is,
but only renamed next two exe files in /opt/ecos/gnutools/sh-elf/bin.
sh-elf-as.exe.prev
sh-elf-gcc.exe.prev

After compiled, newly sh-elf-as.exe, sh-elf-gcc.exe and others were generated in
\cygwin\usr\local\sh-elf\bin

I tried to run eCos configure.exe and tried to build
without any changing of PATH.
It appeared to succeed.It used sh-elf-gcc.

I appended eCos configure.exe building logs,in both cases of success and failure.
Please refer to success one.

(2)
I felt anxiety that changing only two files is not enough.
So I renamed gnutools directory to gnutools-old.
And I executed building scripts,
but I was encountered error like next.

echo 'STMP_FIXINC="stmp-fixinc"'                >>
/usr/local/sh-elf/lib/gcc/sh-elf/4.1-GNUSH_v0602/install-tool
s/mkheaders.conf
make[1]: *** No rule to make target
`/opt/ecos/gnutools/sh-elf/bin/sh-elf-ld', n
eeded by `stamp-collect-ld'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/tkernel/shtools/buildshgcc/build_gcc/gcc'
make: *** [install-gcc] Error 2

I discovered in
C:\cygwin\tmp\build\build_gcc\gcc\Makefile
next odd lines.

ORIGINAL_LD_FOR_TARGET = /opt/ecos/gnutools/sh-elf/bin/sh-elf-ld
ORIGINAL_NM_FOR_TARGET = /opt/ecos/gnutools/sh-elf/bin/sh-elf-nm

I thought these should not be /opt/ecos/gnutools/
but point to newly directory /usr/local/sh-elf/.
So I changed these lines to next.

ORIGINAL_LD_FOR_TARGET = /usr/local/sh-elf/bin/sh-elf-ld
ORIGINAL_NM_FOR_TARGET = /usr/local/sh-elf/bin/sh-elf-nm

And I executed script to do only "make" like next.
make clean
make -w all install 2>&1 | tee makegcc.txt

After succeeded to compile,I made empty /opt/ecos/gnutools
and copied /usr/local/sh-elf under it.
I thought this way is more reliable than first one.
When I tried to run ecos configure.exe it apparently became slow to run.
And appeared warning of something like changing configuration.
Nevertheless I selected target and net and clicked "Library"
and then encountered error.
Please refer to failure log I appended.

Even (1) looked successful I am not sure I could use it.
Do you think it is reliable enough to use it for ecos configure.exe ?

Or if (2) is better reliable,please teach me the cause of error.
I am much obliged to your kindness.
Thank you in advance.

Masahiro Ariga