Re: Context switching fails under LPC22xx/LPC21xx

Sergei Gavrikov-4 wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I won't stop on LPC2214. The CPU has an external bus and I hope that you
> have enough external RAM to build RAM image and to resolve a problem
> using GDB and an eCos tracing.
>
> The LPC2119 hasn't external bus, so you try to manage the example using
> 16K on-chip RAM only, don't you? The `twothreads.c` is a bloat example
> which uses LIBC cats: main(), printf(). It seems for me that you did
> modify some things to reduce twotheads's appetite...
>
> Public CVS tree has mcb2100 target (board from Keil with LPC2119 CPU). I
> tried to build the twothreads example for the target

OK, I found the problem.

The code ran fine on the LPC2214 with the external memory enabled, but
failed when I build the code to run with just 16KB of RAM on either the 2214
or the LPC2119.

It turned out to be a problem in my linker script (.ldi) for the 2119; the
data section started at 0x40000000, which is obviously wrong, since the
fixed vectors are at 0x40000400, so the data overwrote the vectors.

It was very helpful that you pointed out the mcb2100; this gave me a good
.ldi script!

Regards, Sivan