Re: blib node allocation problem with FAT FS

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 03:25:49PM -0500, Steve West wrote:
>> fatfs.c: 647 should of incremented the reference count. So it should
>> be 1.  What was the value before line 647?
>>
>>> Seems that there is something basically wrong here.
>>
> I set the hash table size to the same as the file count size and the
> problem goes away. I think the hash table was too small.

How can the hash table be too small? Hashes are allowed to collide and
when they do you get a linked list.

Again you have fixed the symptom and not the cause. Don't be surprised
if this does come back sometime. We need to properly debug this. So
please write a test case so that i can debug it properly, or you debug
it and find the real cause.

   Andrew