Re: USB on the AT91SAM7S

It does work. I've used it for real applications.
Great! Sounds like I'm doing something wrong. I'll trek through the snow today to get my bus analyzer and look at it over the weekend.
- The USB test application doesn't compile for the board

True. In its default configuration it needs too much RAM. When testing
i hacked it so that it uses less threads and smaller stacks. Running
the test then shows up what appears to be a hardware problem. The
first received packet on an EP does not cause an interrupt. You only
get the interrupt when the second packet is received. After that all
works well.
The AT91 is probably the most "current" USB platform and driver (which is why I went out and bought one), so it would be great to have the test working - at least as an example for people like me trying to get it to run the first time. Sounds like your "hacked" version would be better than the version that's checked in now.
- All three of the general purpose endpoints are defined as receivers (usbs_rx_endpoint). Not one transmitter.

It will look at the enumeration data and determine the direction of
the endpoints. What does your enumeration say?
I have my own test application that has one IN and one OUT bulk endpoint. It uses the lower-level non-blocking API, with functions like:
usbs_start_tx_buffer(usbs_tx_endpoint* ep, ...);

The first parameter is a pointer to a transmit endpoint (usbs_tx_endpoint). If the driver doesn't define any, how do I use this function?

Frank