Re: Thread aware JTAG debugger for eCosPro

John MacDonald wrote:
> I am trying to obtain a thread aware JTAG debugger for use with an
> AT91R40008 ARM processor running eCosPro.
>
> I have located two possibilities. One is an ARM Multi-ICE JTAG Debugger
> which seems to support thread aware debugging when used with GDB and the
> GNU GPL multi-ice-gdb-server software. The other is the Lauterbach JTAG
> Debugger for ARM7. Both options seem to support thread aware debugging
> for eCos 2.0. Does anyone have direct experience of using either of
> these debugger options with eCosPro.

I have used both. The Lauterbach has its own IDE. Personally I didn't like
it, but it did work. The Multi-ICE works with command line GDB (and Insight
or Eclipse if you use them) although I'm not entirely certain of
compatibility with more recent ICE units - I'm not saying it doesn't work,
just that the code hasn't been updated for a while so if they have changed
something, that could be a problem.

 **  Visit us at ESC Silicon Valley <http://www.embedded.com/esc/sv>  **
 **  April 15-17 2008, Booth 3012, San Jose McEnery Convention Center **
------["Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere"]------       Opinions==mine