Re: guidnace needed on steps to build your own embedded linux device?

On 2008-05-01, badeguruji <badeguruji@yahoo.com> wrote:

> what do i need to build my own embedded linux device?

Circuit boards, parts, solder, comilers, source code, etc.

> how does one go about it?

There are a number of good books on the subject.

> is redboot and ecos a complete system?

Yes, but neither is Linux.

RedBoot can be used to load a Linux kernel, but so can a
half-dozen other bootloaders.

eCos is pretty much completely unrelated to Linux, unless you
count commonalities like "both are OS kernels built using GCC".

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! This PORCUPINE knows
                                  at               his ZIPCODE ... And he has