Consolidation of MPC555 serial drivers

I would like to try to resolve some issues with the ec555 and cme555
serial driver.

I've found a number of issues when using this code which I'll address in
another thread, but to start with I would like to try and resolve the
fact that identical code is replicated identically for each MPC555
platform. There are two already in cvs and the board I'm working with
adds a third for me to maintain.

There has been some discussion in the past about this on the list but
nothing has changed in cvs.

As the driver makes use of the SCI serial part of the processor I cann't
see why there would ever be a need for the code to be different on
different boards as the serial hardware is identical.

If I was to create a patch to create a generic mpc555 out of the
existing drivers in cvs, is there any chance that this would be accepted
into cvs?

If so, where do I post the patch, to this list?

Thanks,

Steven