Re: gdb output in RAM build

2008/5/29 Jürgen Lambrecht <J.Lambrecht@televic.com>:
> Hello,
>
> my RAM build (redboot or ecos RAM application) prints this:
>
> $T050f:0000f071;0d:1c9d0320;#81

Do you have an other bootloader on the board? In our case, this is
printed from our (ROMRAM) redboot when a processor-exception happens
in our (RAM) ecos/userprogram. Look in
hal/common/current/src/generic-stub.c, function "send_t_packet". It
first calls "__build_t_packet", which is in
hal/common/current/src/hal-stub.c

There you can see the format is :

T <2 digits : signal number> <2 digits : PC reg number> : <PC reg
contents> ; <2 digits : SP reg number> : <SP reg contents> ; # <CRC>

PC = program counter
SP = stack pointer

There is also code to display the thread that was active, but as (in
our case) it's redboot who prints this information, there is no notion
of threads anymore at that point. We did add code there to print a
complete stack + a program-counter-backtrace (this is possible if you
have the stackpointer and know your hardware's convention for
stackframes).

This file is compiled in when you enable
CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_INCLUDE_STUBS (see
hal/common/current/cld/debugging.cdl).

kind regards,

Pieter-Jan