Re: bugs in AT91 Ethernet driver

On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 12:23:45AM +0200, Lambrecht J?rgen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I found some bugs in the AT91 EMAC Ethernet driver - /packages/devs/eth/arm/at91/current/src/if_at91.c.

> The bugs are present in at91_eth_recv(..) because the author did not
> understand how scatter-gather lists work I think. In Redboot, the
> driver works, and maybe also with LWIP, but not with freebsd.

This is quite possible. The driver was developed on the AT91SAM7X
device. This does not have enough resources to run the FreeBSD
stack.

> With my fix, RX seems to work on my AT91SAM9260-EK based board.

Thanks. I will try to understand what you have changed and see if it
looks correct.

> P.S.: in attachment a unix dif; that's not in the correct format for
> the ecos list I think - I need to take the time to look up how
> to....

It is not wrong, it is just harder for a human to read, making my job
harder. I don't just blindly apply patches. I try to understand the
problem and see if the fix is correct. The patch is a way into the
problem, especially when the only comments is, its broken, here is the
fix.

     Andrew