Re: generating host tools fails

Gary Thomas wrote:

>>> Those are all errors, not warnings (which is why it's failing)
>>> I'd guess that jade or docbook isn't setup on your system in a compatible
>>> fashion.
>>>
>> I have jade 1.2.1-47 and jadtex 3.13-7.1 installed, but docbook is not
>> installed. However, running the "make pdfa4"-command in the
>> download-folder of the old, ecos 2.0 version worked. Does it now
>> require docbook?
>
> Doesn't look like it.  I just built the pdfa4 on Fedora 8, installing
> only jadetex (no docbook).

It seems that docbook won't be an extra thing on some distros.

SYNOPSIS

$ lsb_release -d

I have installed docbook to build PDF book.

$ cd /tmp && ~/cvs/ecos/doc/sgml/makemakefile && make clean pdfa4
Output written on ecos-ref-a4.pdf (661 pages, 3858139 bytes).
Transcript written on ecos-ref-a4.log.

So far, so good. Remove the docbook package and try to build again

$ sudo apt-get --purge remove docbook
$ make clean pdfa4
jade:I: maximum number of errors (200) reached; change with -E option
make: *** [ecos-ref-a4.pdf] Error 1

So, I need to have the doocbook.

$ sudo apt-get install docbook
$ make clean pdfa4
Output written on ecos-ref-a4.pdf (661 pages, 3858139 bytes).
Transcript written on ecos-ref-a4.log.

So, it is true for my today distro, and more, I remember that using the
Slackware, I did tweak TeX config as described in doc/sgml/README-PDF to
build PDF book.

Sergei