Re: make: *** *#@!: No such file or directory. Stop.

Preston, Ralph A. wrote:
Tom Deconinck wrote:
I've just starting using eCos and am attempting to run the
configuration tool, configtool-060710.exe, using Cygwin on Windows
XP.
Checking through the list archives I found someone else had a
similar
problem but their fix doesn't seem to be working for me.

The problem is running Build -> Library in the eCos Configuration
Tool
produces this output:

"make -j2 --directory
"/ecos-c/ReadyFlow/4205_1.5/ecos/nonkernel/ecos_build"

make: *** /ecos-c/ReadyFlow/4205_1.5/ecos/nonkernel/ecos_build: No
such
file or directory. Stop."
Did you do Build -> Generate Build Tree first?

I've just tried building the target without a build tree, that's
definately the error you'll get.

The steps I follow are:

Open the ecos.ecc file.
Check Tools -> Path -> Build Tools... is correct.
Check Tools -> Path -> User Tools... is correct.
Build -> Generate Build Tree.  Status bar at bottom says Ready.
Build -> Library.  Receive error message.

My next step is to reinstall the libraries on a clean computer.  If
that doesn't work I'll try creating a Linux VmWare image and install it
there.

Clearly make is reporting that it can't find the directory ecos_build, so I'd first check that is being generated by the build tree process.

One thing that springs to mind - is your make.exe the correct one?  Try
make --version
which make

Even if the above return the correct info (it needs to be a Cygwin build of make to understand those paths) your configtool may be running in a different environment to your Cygwin shell. To ensure the configtool and the command shell's envionment are the same launch the tool from the shell:
configtool &

Hope that helps..

Thanks,

Ralph