RE: FW: FW: ecos-discuss@ecos.sourceware.org

> Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 17:23:18 +0200
> From: andrew@lunn.ch
> To: oricon776@hotmail.com
> CC: ecos-discuss@ecos.sourceware.org
> Subject: Re: [ECOS] FW: [ECOS] FW: [ECOS] ecos-discuss@ecos.sourceware.org
>
>> Hi there, yes I know the serial device driver is giving me
>> interrupts.. That brings back to my original problem, how is this
>> going to help me solve the multithreading problem stuck at scanf()?
>
> Because when you use this interrupt driver serial device driver, your
> scanf() will not block busy looping taking 100% of the CPU. It will
> just go to sleep until there is an interrupt saying a character has
> arrived. So your other threads get to use the CPU.
>
> Andrew

So this interrupt will give me interrupt whenever there is character sending out and in is it?
Because once I enable this serial drivers, the screen on my hyperterminal keeps displaying interrupt signals even though I never key in anything
My hyperterminal is to display my menu option for user to choose. Will that generates endless interrupts?