Different flash

Hi All,
I have a board that currently has a pair of ST AM29W 4Mbit flashes on it.
The next revision will require more space so I'm looking at replacing the
STs with ATMEL AT49 64Mbit chips as they are cheaper.
I'm using V2 flash API.
I'd like my code to detect and setup to use either the smaller ST 4Mbit
parts (legacy support) or the larger ATMEL parts. Start address is the same
for both.
In eCos I see that I'll have to change the sector table info on startup
(once the part is detected) but I have a few questions.
I'm trying to get my head around this and wondered if anyone has done this
before and can give me some advice on:
1) Are there specific drivers for the AT49 or will the AM29 driver be OK.
3) If there are specific drivers (or I have to modify/write my own)  then do
I populate the cyg_dev_flash_funs with the appropriate function set at
startup or do I have two of these structures?
If 2 structures where/how do I tie them into eCos?

A dev board that already has this kind of different size flash from
different manufactures would be a good to review.

Thanks			...Laurie:{)