Makefile link order problem

Hi,

I'm using the makefile below to link my project files: from ecos source, from core source and my own source files.  At last, i
aim to obtain an elf file 'file.elf'. But, I see a problem like that: When  I change the order of compilation of file1 and file2, and
download my elf file to my target device, system breaks down. For example, at the last row of my elf file if I change the row to:

file.elf:  file2.o file1.o
        $(CC)  file2.o file1.o -o $@ $(LDFLAGS) -Wl,--cref,-Map,$*.map

system breaks down. This may not be directly an ECOs problem, but i hope there will be someone who could help me or give an
example makefile creating an elf file? (I'm using powerpc)

Regards.

My MAKEFILE:

ECOS_INSTALL = /ecos/install/folder
CORE_INSTALL = /core/install/folder
ARCH = powerpc-eabi
CPU = -mcpu=405
MODEL = -msoft-float

CC = $(ARCH)-gcc $(CPU) $(MODEL)
LD = $(ARCH)-ld $(CPU) $(MODEL)
OBJCOPY = $(ARCH)-objcopy
OBJDUMP = $(ARCH)-objdump

INC = -I$(ECOS_INSTALL)/include -I$(CORE_INSTALL)/include
LIB = -L$(ECOS_INSTALL)/lib -Ttarget.ld

CFLAGS = -g -O2 -Wall -Wcast-align -fverbose-asm $(INC) -mbig-endian
LDFLAGS = -nostdlib -nostartfiles $(LIB)

all: file.elf

file1.o: file1.c
        $(CC) $(CFLAGS) -c -o file1.o file1.c

file2.o: file2.c