Re: flash-support on AT91SAM7

On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 19:25:14 +0200, Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch> wrote:

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 05:38:33PM +0200, Robert Brusa wrote:
Hi

How do I access the flash-routine provided in eCOS?

http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/ref/ecos-flash-library.html

Andrew

Hi Andrew

I have read the documentation you provided the link for - but I still do not understand how to use these functions. I also have seen the definition of externC - but I do not understand its meaning or how it works. Furthermore, I can not locate in my eCOS a file flash.h - all I have is <pkgconf/devs_flash_at91.h> - and this looks rather empty :(

When I simply use one of those routines, eg. as follows:

flash_erase(EEPromBottom, EEPromArea, &eradr);

I get a warning "implicit declaration of function flash_erase".

When I preceed the statement with externC, the compiler produces an error:
Severity and Description Path Resource Location Creation Time Id
parse error before numeric constant IFW1 EEProm.c line 150 1216656494404 1476

Is there an example anywhere available which could help me (an eCOS-NEWBI) to grasp the essentials? Thank you.

Robert