Re: Timeslicing on arm

Martin Hansen wrote:
Hi

I am havinf trouble getting my litle program to work.
I make two threads each writting to the seriel port, I exspected them
to both get some output on the port, probably mixed in strange ways.
(It should be a demo of when to use syncronisation objects.)

But all runtime is given to just the one thread.

They have the same priority, mlque is used as scheduler, and
CYGSEM_KERNEL_SCHED_TIMESLICE is true

It does not apear the that it is the serial port that somehows just belongs to one thread or other error, setting a breakpoint in the other thread will newer trigger

Below is my small program, it gives just BBBB... on seriel console

<snip>

The fact that it only prints "BBBB" should tell you something.
When the main thread terminates (via the return), the whole
system will shortly stop - that's just how things work.

Try making the main thread sleep until the others finish or
maybe just some arbitrary amount of time and see what happens.