Re: Cortex M3 architecture

Andrew Lunn wrote:
I wonder if the other Cortex variants (A8, A9, R4, M1) should be considered for porting from the beginning. My focus is clearly on the M3, but if anyone is willing to work on the other variants this should be considered now.

Have you seen any documents which compares/contrasts the different
Cortex variants. Before answering your question it is necessary to
know how similar/different the different variants are.

No I haven't really. All I know is that the variants all have very different application profiles. A series being mostly for complex OS and applications, R series for more complex embedded applications and the M series for deeply embedded applications. A & R also support normal Thumb and ARM instructions. Perhaps someone else can give some insight?