Re: Fwd: AT91SAM7X-EK with TC/IP - unresolved conflicts

On Tue, Sep 02, 2008 at 10:11:11AM +0200, Robert Brusa wrote:
> On Mon, 01 Sep 2008 11:36:43 +0200, Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch> wrote:
>

>> I never said that. I just said the FreeBSD stack will not work. The
>> lwip stack has been shown to work on the AT91SAM7X. Go google lwip.
>>
> running through ecosconfig new at91sam7xek lwip_eth
> etc. seems to work. But when I try to build my previously working
> projects, flash support is no longer available and the cor. calls produce
> errors (e. g. a call to flash_program)

So you probably need to add the flash package.

> On the other hand, when attempting to configure the same thing using
> configtool, there are 5 conflicts the tool is not able to resolve. From a
> first look at the ecc-file, it seems to be a problem that somewhere a
> restriction for the AT91SAM7S is required. Any adice how to overcome this
> hurdle?

No, not without you giving us the details...

> I am talking about RFC 1831 (which is the successor of 1057). I have
> built a small example using Suns rpcgen-tool and it worked fine using two
> linux-PCs linked by ethernet. Now the next step would be to port the
> serverapp to my AT91SAM7X target. The 2nd step then would be to "expand"
> this little server app to handle the routines my app requires - by hand
> or using e. g. rpcgen-produced templates. Is this a realistic scenario?
>    Robert

I've never used these tools, so it is hard to say. What libraries do
you need? How dependent are these on having true BSD sockets? The lwip
stack has something like BSD sockets, but it is not true BSD
sockets. You might run into problems when porting the RPC libraries
etc.

        Andrew