Re: Re: Cortex M3 architecture

> As I just read, the copyright assignment cannot be done with the FSF
> yet, and instead is handled by eCosCentric? Is this situation still
> valid?

Nope. The Copyright assignment is made with the FSF. See
http://ecos.sourceware.org/assign.html, film the form in and send it
to assign@gnu.org.

> So how do we get such copyright assignments?

See above.

> Is it sufficient to keep track of the developer names in the source
> files?

Not sufficient, but part of the process. You should use the standard
eCos header files and put the author/contributor into the standard
headers. Also use the standard ChangeLog file, listing each change,
what files where changed and by who.

> Additionally a svn log could show who contributed to what file.

Having a full svn/cvs/git/foobar history for the development, with
individual usernames, is really good. Do that if you can. Also it will
help with the development, so i would encourage it anyway.

           Andrew