Re: Re: eCos Configuration Tool experimental build for Vista

On Thu, Sep 04, 2008 at 04:35:17AM -0700, Tyler Wilson wrote:
> FYI, I have used this experimental build on Vista without any issues. I
> also used the previous version without incident as well though.
>
> One item that did hang me up for a while though was that the Windows
> configtool is NOT compatible with the Windows Tcl (I used ActiveTcl from
> ActiveState). You have to use the Tcl that is installed along with
> cygwin. For some reason this was not clear to me. I would think other
> Windows users may get bitten here too.

Native builds Tcl/Tk for Windows know nothing about cygwin environment
and cygwin paths, so, they won't be able execs cygwin's binaries and
toolchains in a native maner without dances.

cygwin/mingw/uwin/sfu(interix) use own emulations of Unix environment,
so they all use own Tcl/Tk builds.

Sergei